I have tried everything to facilitate finding and moving into a new home, but after four months, it has become painfully obvious that I need to do something different.
Please donate to my moving fund. The links are at the end of this post.
Also, please share this post with your social networks, and by e-mail to altruistic friends and organizations.
I have freed most of the next three weeks by working ahead in my current course to help accomplish finding an acceptable place to live and work. There is no break between the end of this term and the beginning of the next one.
Part of the reason I am considerably more anxious now is because my 60th birthday is on June 28th. There's not one living person who would know that unless informed by a social network, but it just matters to me that my birthday isn't awful. And, I am more than mildly concerned that, after being on vacation for four months, it will be challenging to get my Etsy shops to rebound to the same level of performance.
I am sure, too, considering my less than optimum health, that it will take all of three weeks to find a place and slowly move into it. The weather is no longer in my favor.
I have been without transportation now for almost two weeks, but the search resumes tomorrow. Finding a first floor (or accessible) apartment with secure mail is more difficult than I thought, but I will be persistent and am willing to live in less than optimum conditions, if necessary.
The hotel and storage locker rent has almost completely consumed the entire two months of my typical living expenses, which is part of my financial aid package.
I need your help more than ever and right now right now.
Realistically, I need:
- Hotel rent until the end of June. My room rate has slightly been increased to $55 + tax. If you want to pay for nights directly to the hotel, the manager's name and number is below this post.
- Apartment application, deposit, prorated June, and July rent.
- Moving help that will help me move a few things several times per week, and help me unpack, clean items, and put them away. My previous landlord soaked my apartment and everything in it with insecticide, which made me sicker than I already was, and I want to clean things up before I live with them.
- Funds for bills and food.
- Because of intermittent disbursements of money from my generosity fund, please donate directly into my PayPal account. My PayPal email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The hotel manager's name is Andy Mugosa and you can call him at (317) 352-0481.