A Short Lesson in Modern French Slang

Bon Chic Bon Genre. Observe the first letter in each word and say them as one word. "Baysaybayzhay." Say that more quickly and there it is, "Baisebeige!" Translated, it refers to people who think they're all that. I am exploring the changing values of world culture and expressing through dress the evolving image of the pillar of our modern society.

Sunday, July 29, 2018

The End of the Journey - Part One

I accept that my journey did not have a happy ending, nor did it just end. And, there certainly is a story, which is only now in its infantile stages of formation. What I do know is that I am in a refactory period when I must take inventory of my situation, and carefully create my next big thing using what I have.

This isn't nearly as dismal as it sounds, because I am infinitely resourceful. But, the operative word, modifying the act of new creation, is "carefully". My modus operandi has always been to act fast to turn disappointing situations around. I can honestly say that I have never been embedded in a mess so complex, so I cannot depend on experience now. Losing my possessions didn't simply cause deep feelings of sadness. That diverted me from my career path, which is a serious issue. The whole point of finishing college was connected with my plans for the things that are no longer mine. So, by habit, I acted [too] fast and created a bigger financial mess.

Just because my future plans cannot be focused on fashion art, doesn't mean I am completely lost. My less than informed action of altering my program evaluation for a lateral career move focused on writing created problems. My plan is a good plan for the long term, but it negatively impacted my financial aid right now. Interestingly, though, it's going to realistically take the same amount of time to completely clean up the mess the botched move made as it will to stabilize finances. I perceive that to be a positive sign. From experience I can trust, interesting coincidences involving timing, even in less than optimum situations, is usually an accurate precursor of better circumstances.

So, for now, I will make the best of what I have left from my entire life, and plan for a better, and entirely different, life ahead. Even though this refractory period seems impossibly long, there is much to jam-pack into it in the meantime. Follow this blog for frequent updates. To carve out more time, and for better communication purposes, how I use social media will likely change. And, for now, this blog is going to be the home of that story, which is already forming for the purpose to be told.

No comments:

Post a Comment