A Short Lesson in Modern French Slang

Bon Chic Bon Genre. Observe the first letter in each word and say them as one word. "Baysaybayzhay." Say that more quickly and there it is, "Baisebeige!" Translated, it refers to people who think they're all that. I am exploring the changing values of world culture and expressing through dress the evolving image of the pillar of our modern society.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Shop Cleaning and Halloween-ing!

Yay! October!

Sometimes I think October is the beginning of my year as opposed to January, which is fine with me. I like riding the wave of the change in the season and the glitz and the glam of Halloween crafting and costume making adds sparkle to my attitude as well as twinkle to the floor of my studio. The renewed energy inspires me to plan and expand my work.

I am very happy for my source of new old stock vintage masks. Being able to sew beads onto the surface of the masks, makes a much more beautiful product and I have added a few new items crafted in this manner to my Etsy shop inventory. But, as I always say, "out with the old and in with the new"! Therefore, I have added some of the plastic masks decorated with glued decorations to my new clearance section.

Also in my shop clearance section are discontinued rag knit items. Most of the fun for me in the creation of rag knits is making the fiber to knit. The direction the rag knits is headed is toward items that include more hand dyed elements to enhance the upcycled fibers or to be made completely from dyed fabric and fiber. I also am changing the style of the cowl to be more like a small capelet with a closure at the neck. My fingers are crossed that buttons made from drilled beach stones will work perfectly for them.

That "out with the old and in with the new" is also in action in my own personal inventory of my lifetime collection of very cool and useful things. I have added new items to my studio destash shop named for my annual sale, Quality Junk. This shop is the end-of-the-road for items that I'm sure I'm never going to use myself. I have a serious weakness for interesting vintage textiles and need to be firm with myself about getting too overloaded with my acquisitions!

Why am I ambitiously cleaning things out? Baisebeige Studios has a plan for expansion! I am going to expand my space in this interesting old house. My work frequently spills out of my room so I am going to make my takeover of that space official in November.

Halloween is calling me back to work now. Stay tuned for more news on this year's merriment and the changes in my studio!

No comments:

Post a Comment